Date/TimeApr 14, 2018 - Apr 15, 2018
LocationGroundswell Network Society Community Greenhouse
Thinking about building a greenhouse but don’t know where to start? Or maybe your current set-up could use some improvements? Either way, this course is for you.
In this intensive 2-day program you will learn how to design, construct and operate a backyard greenhouse (or hot house) effectively.
This course includes both in-class learning and hands-on components to ensure participants are fully prepared to build their own greenhouse upon completion of the course.
Day 1: Classroom session at Groundswell Network Society’s Community Greenhouse
– Site Selection
– Design principles, requirements and considerations
– Construction methods and materials
– Annual operations and maintenance (irrigation, planting, crop schedules, etc.)
– Tour to explore and critique greenhouse examples.
Day 2: Hands-on construction session at the Avalily Permaculture Urban Homestead
– Layout of design and prefab process
– Step-by-step guide for construction
– Hands-on greenhouse building project
– Detailed information material selection and building technique demonstrations
– Kalista Pruden
Local permaculture expert and urban farmer;
Avalily Permaculture and The Earthskills Institute.
– Justen Foster,
Local sustainable building expert and building contractor;
EVERbuilt Developments Ltd.
– Groundswell Network Society
(GNS does some amazing work in our community! Please consider purchasing a lifetime membership for just $20.)
Course fee is $160.
Please register or inquire by emailing AvalilyPermaculture@gmail.com
This event was posted by Kalista, a visitor to the site. For more information contact them directly at AvalilyPermaculture@gmail.com.
This event was posted by a visitor, and not by Permaculture BC. As such Permaculture BC has NO FURTHER INFORMATION then what you see here. Do not call, email or toilet paper us with emails or phone calls, as we DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. With quiet resolve, patience and determination we thank you.