Date/TimeOct 7, 2017 - Jun 3, 2018
LocationThriving Roots Wilderness School
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come truly alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come truly alive.” –Howard Thurman
Come home to the Wild and discover what it means to be truly alive. Explore the ancient skills of your ancestors in a deep and integrative way, becoming part of the natural world, while receiving the inherent wisdom that nature is waiting to share.
Deep nature connection is the foundation that helps permaculturists design in alignment with natural law. This course follows a time tested pattern that awakens our original neurology and unlocks our full potential as human beings. This is the place from which we can begin creating the invisible structures necessary for regenerative culture.
Whether you are new to Thriving Roots or have done our programs before, we will take you on a journey, learning new skills while strengthening your foundation. Hone your survival skills, forage for wild foods and medicines, learn natural crafts, track animals, learn the mysterious language of the birds, and deepen your understanding of place. Become more confident and competent in the wilderness, while expanding your self-awareness and building community.
Throughout your 8-month journey you will:
– Develop practices for integrating core routines of deep nature connection into your daily life
– Gain many practical and transferable earth-based ancestral skills: primitive fire, shelter building, weaving, carving, animal tracking, bird language & wild crafting (foraging edible and medicinal plants)
– Expand your senses and learn to trust your intuition
– Experience regenerative culture and what it takes to live in healthy community
– Discover and learn a powerful reflection tool that will help you deepen into your unique purpose and gifts
– Experience nature-based ceremony and rites of passage
– Awaken your true vitality and reactivate the sparkle in your eye
– Have lots of fun building long-lasting friendships with like-minded people
Why this works
This is a time-tested mentoring model developed by Jon Young, founder of the 8Shields Institute. The model is based on powerful teachings passed on from indigenous elders from all over the world and has been applied for over 40 years in modern settings. It is a skillfully crafted holistic recipe of cultural elements and connective practices that enhance health, happiness and well-being in a deep embodied way.
8 weekend gatherings (16 days) on the first weekend of every month: 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday. The first and last weekends will include an overnight campout on Saturday night.
– Daily practices for each month between gatherings
-Monthly assignments and mentoring questions
– Weekly buddy sharing with other program participants
– Rite of Passage Solo Experience in Spring
– Four 1hr personal mentoring calls with Arnaud (optional add-on)
By choosing the one-on-one Mentoring Call option, you will:
– Accelerate your connection journey with personalized reflections and skillful questions
– Process your experiences and receive guidance towards the integration of the teachings.
– Have the opportunity to discuss any questions that arise between gatherings
– Receive support in moving through mental/emotional blocks
The results of these teachings can be life changing. Those who come with an open mind and commit fully to the practices will get the most results. The gatherings provide the embodied experience, and the monthly assignments, buddy sharing and personal mentoring provide the integration into our regular lives.
We practice what we preach. All the core routines we teach are an integral part of our own lives. We have been practicing them for many years and continue to do so.
Dates: Saturday & Sunday. 10am-4pm.
Oct 7-8 (Overnight Campout) Nov. 4 & 5, Dec. 2 & 3, Feb. 3 & 4, Mar 3 & 4, Apr 7 & 8, May 5 & 6, June 2 & 3 (Overnight Campout)
Investment: $1850 – payable in 3 installments. Course fee covers all gatherings, course materials and monthly assignments. OR $2125 – includes four 1hr private mentoring calls with Arnaud Gagne.
*Scholarship Opportunities available. Submit a Scholarship Application Online.
Early Bird Price before August 13th: $1775.00
Instructors: Arnaud Gagne, Alaina Hallett, Michi Main and other Guest Instructors. (See Staff Page for Bios)
This event was posted by Arnaud Gagne, a visitor to the site. For more information contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event was posted by a visitor, and not by Permaculture BC. As such Permaculture BC has NO FURTHER INFORMATION then what you see here. Do not call, email or toilet paper us with emails or phone calls, as we DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION. With quiet resolve, patience and determination we thank you.